We’d like to take a quick pit stop and encourage you first, before today’s recipe to EAT BREAKFAST! We know how life gets on the go. It can be hard to make time for breakfast, especially when you feel like it only makes you hungrier earlier. But, it is so important to eat and be able to kick-start your metabolism to better burn off calories later in the day. Instead of not eating and telling your body that when it gets that first taste of calories it needs to HOLD ON TO THEM (that is the LAST thing you want). So here is this perfect, easy, and CHEAP, snack or breakfast recipe.
Avocados are fatty foods and are filled with large amounts of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (theses are the “good fats”). They are as naturally nutrient-dense food and contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. Read more: here. And! This recipe is so cheap, it can even beat your dollar menu breakfast wraps, and is much better for you.
Total time: 23 min Cook Time:18 mins Prep Time:5 mins Serves:2 Servings
Recipe by: Diana Keuilian Link: blog.paleohacks.com/baked-avocado-e…
1 organic avocado, halved with pit removed
your favorite seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Flip each avocado side over and slice off enough of the rounded skin so that it can sit flat when the fleshy side is up.
- Place the avocados, fleshy side up, in a baking pan. Crack some salt into each hole.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl, divide it between the avocado holes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and the seasoning of your choice.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the egg has fully set. Eat with a spoon and enjoy!
Some great toppings for this recipe are cheese or even a little bit of bacon. (Remember, research is showing more and more that fats in moderation can be better for your health than carbs.) You could also add some fresh salsa, red pepper flakes, or Tabasco! Healthy foods don’t have to be BLAND. Most spices have barely any caloric values. So, spice up your meals! Pair this recipe with another couple of eggs, or a breakfast smoothie to turn it into a full meal! (That’s right, healthy eating isn’t about starving either.) We hope you enjoy!